Thursday 18 May 2017

Thank you...

Another wet evening here but thankfully tonight I was in the warm and dry unlike last night when I was stood in a field cheering on my husband, youngest son and nephew while they all did a sponsored run.  They all did brilliantly given the wet, slippery conditions.
My husband came 22nd out of 288 runners and my son came 78th out of 414, very proud of them both.

So, other than birthday cards, I make more thank you cards than any other.  I saw a picture on the docrafts website of a watercolour effect and wanted to try and recreate it (in my way!!)

Again, apologies that its upside down....I will get the hang of this one day!

So, I really liked the watercoloured thanks but I really wasn't sure about the corners and the pearls.  I kept looking and looking at the card and wasn't happy so decided to try again.

Now, this one I liked!!!

I stamped the sentiment ( fron Stampin Up!) and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I then used Brushos as paint for the watercolouring.  The difference with this card is that I splattered it with the watered down Brushos and for some reason, I was much happier.

This card is for a friend of ours who has been helping my youngest son with a bit of extra tuition and will stop next week for the summer.  We are very grateful for her time and effort.

I learned with this not to settle, if I'm not happy with something I need to try again...I'm sure its something I tell my kids frequently but obviously need to remind myself sometimes.

Thanks for stopping by, take care.

Clair x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it really makes me smile.