Saturday 23 July 2011

My first Christmas Card....

And Claire.....it's all your fault!!!!

I don't normally bother with making Christmas cards (just couldn't face doing the amount needed) but I did think I would have a go this year.  I thought (like Claire) that if I started now it wouldn't be soooo bad!!
I had to order some Christmas stamps though......

So, here is my first EVER attempt!!!

I tried a technique from a card that my lovely friend Amanda showed me but.....it didn't go according to plan.  The blue sheet is vellum covered in ink and stamped with the snowflake to remove the wet ink.....with me?  Then stamp the blue snowflake onto white card (from the vellum)...  Anyway, it was supposed to look different to this!! ( I know I haven't explained that at all well!)  So in the end, I stamped the snowflake with white onto the blue and layered the vellum on top attaching with brads......CLEAR AS MUD!!

Well, then I got a bit carried away and made another.....

My supplies of Christmassy things (papers and stuff!) are limited so this is quite plain but its a start.  Think the snowman is pretty cute..
So, 2 down......goodness knows how many to go!!!
Thanks for stopping by
Take care xx

2 comments:

  1. Well done you.... and they are both nice... and it's good to try new things... I love your little snowman.... hes cute with his hat on.. and the cute little robins... if you keep this up, you will have them all done by November...and have a stress free December...lol
    mmm December stress free..I think not...
    take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab Christmas cards Clair, love the blue one :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it really makes me smile.