Saturday 26 November 2011

Christmas.....nearly!

I have been for cuddles with baby Harry today and he is beautiful....almost makes me think about having another.....well..... almost!!!!

I was having a play with things for the boys teachers and I have to say I was having a nightmare as I don't normally 'do' Christmas cards but I came up with this....


 This is my first attempt at a poinsettia using the five petal flower punch.  I punched out 2 red flowers and ran them through a crimper then punched 2 green flowers but cut the petals up, inked the edges and then stuck the individual petals to the back of the flower....hope that makes sense!!
 The yellow centre is made from punching out 3 small circles (I used a hole punch and used the waste!) and added some black dots and some glaze.



Whatever I decide to make or buy them will also have a matching tag as this was really easy to make and is really effective.
The sentiment has been added on top of the new lace ribbon border punch.  Its a beautiful punch although I'm covering most of it here.  I'm sure you'll see this on many projects.

The boys have quite a bit of homework to do today so I'm off to give them a hand (whilst I still can - I'm sure it won't be long before I'll be baffled!)

Thanks for stopping by,
Take care xx

Supplies used: All  SU unless stated.  5 petal flower punch. real red card stock and ink, wild wasabi cardstock and ink, lace ribbon border punch, curly cute stamp set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it really makes me smile.