Thursday 14 June 2012

My Mums Birthday...

Yesterday was my Mums 70th Birthday.....

She really is amazing, she doesn't look or act like a 70 year old, she really has more energy and get up and go than I do most of the time!  I took her and my Dad to Marlborough for a wander and for afternoon tea at a lovely tearoom (who sold beautiful cakes!!!!)
Talking of beautiful cakes, I asked my friend to make a birthday cake and was amazed at what I picked up....Have a look at this...



My brother had taken the day off work to then cook a delicious roast for 11 of us for tea.  It really was a lovely day and I think my Mum enjoyed herself.

So, as I mentioned, I have no creative juices flowing at the moment at all and therefore I was a bit unhappy with my Mums card from me but I did redeem myself with what the boys gave her.  I decided that she was recieve too many cards so I opted for some bunting instead.....



I have never made bunting of this size before but I am really happy with the way it turned out.  I didn't put  her age or a birthday greeting on it so that she can keep it up all the time if she wanted to but the boys did write a message on the back (Aarons was a bit cheeky but she took it well!!)

I'll be back tomorrow with a card for a special lady at the boys school.

 I've got to go and type up Aarons latest song....He and a few friends at school have started a little group and they are all busy writing songs at the moment and choosing the best few.  He ran out of time tonight so I said I would do it for him and to my surprise.....it was a pretty good song.  He may be the next Gary Barlow...who knows!!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Take care






Supplies Used; All SU unless stated: Whisper white card, Melon mambo card and ink, pretty in pink card and ink, eyelet border punch, mixed bunch stamp set, build a blossom punch, blossom punch, Baroque motifs stamp set. clear embossing powder, large scallop circle punch, 1 3/8 circle punch.
Non SU: ribbon and die cut letters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it really makes me smile.