Thursday 5 May 2011

Happy times ahead !

I am very excited....we are going away tomorrow for the weekend with some lovely friends and I can't wait!  We all went away earlier in the year and had a fab time so we are doing it again.  If the last trip is anything to go by, we are in for an alcohol fuelled, fun weekend.  Bang goes the diet for another week!!!!

It's my husbands birthday next week so I have made him a card.  I showed it to the boys and they said "Did you make a mistake Mummy? Why have you crossed it out?"  You'll see why!!!
Before we had the children, my husband was a keen golfer, had a handicap of 12 (I think thats quite good!!) but with the costs involved and the time spent playing the game he hasn't really played too much since.  I think he is eager to get back playing and has recently started taking the boys to the driving range, so we'll see.

So, here is my card.



My 'mistake'!!!!
As mens cards go, I was pretty pleased with this.  I'll let you know what he thinks!

My Stampin Up goodies arrived today and I have been so busy with packing and baking cakes (!) that I haven't even played with them yet....well, I guess thats something to look forward to after our trip!
My baking is going quite well lately.  I have never been into baking, it's never been too successful but I have tried again and its going ok.....move over Nigella!  Friends and family are still in shock I think but they are still alive so thats a bonus!!!!

Take care xxx
Materials used: stamps from See D's (boys toys), backing papers from stock, star punch (paperchase), square scallop punch (SU), ribbon - choc chip (SU), ink - choc chip (SU), happy birthday stamp (SU).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it really makes me smile.