Monday 12 December 2011

30th Birthday

Evening All

My lovely friend turns 30 on Christmas eve and she has a big party on Saturday night which I am really looking forward to.  I have a beautiful dress to wear and am looking forward to helping her celebrate her big day...all be it, a bit early.

Her husband has asked me to make her a card which is still a work in progress but I have made mine to give her.  I saw this idea over on cardsandacuppa.blogspot.com and it's great.  Love the idea, simple but different!!!

 It's made using the top note die with a holder.  The tutorial can be found on the cards and a cuppa blog.
I have used calypso coral and very vanilla and the colours looks great although the camera doesn't show it at its best.

Dreadful photo but I wanted to show the detail up close.  The '30' stamp isn't SU but everything else is.  The beautiful butterfly is cut using the beautiful wings embosslit die.  This die cuts and embosses five different size butterflies and embosses them all differently.  The smallest butterfly is just sooo small, it's a must have die.

The other commission I have to finish off is a wedding card for a lady I used to work with who is getting married on New Years Eve...all these extra celebrations....I can only just get through Christmas normally!

Thanks for stopping by,
Take care xx

Supplies used, all SU unless stated: Calypso coral card and ink, very vanilla card and ribbon, beautiful wings embosslit die, eyelet border punch, baroque motifs stamp set, sentiment stamp for hostess set, happiest birthday wishes, pearls and top note die.
Non SU: 30 stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it really makes me smile.