Thursday 8 September 2011

18th Birthday..

I have been pottering tonight and have finally made my neices 18th Birthday card....now all I need to sort out is her gift!!!



It's quite girly and simple but I think it works.  The base card is a pearlescent gold and I have used gold mirror card and a cream pearlescent paper to matt and layer....I have to say I never normally use mirror card as I'm not really keen but this card needed lifting - it was in danger of being too bland.  The 18 is a template that I cut out and colour washed with cosmic shimmer mica powders and the strip is cut using a border punch from SU and also colour washed.  The flowers are cream kaiser flowers that again have had the "bling" treament with the mica....I think the "bling"stands out on the photos (I'm sure I've sorted out my camera now!!!)

I had a shot a making a baby shower card tonight and again, it's ok....I'll pop it on later in the week.  Her gifts arrived today though and they are really cool!  I didn't want to buy the baby anything yet so I ordered her a pair of slippers for the hospital that has "New Mum" embroidered on them and a stress ball....the info said it's good during labour and/or for throwing at your partner....so I had to get it.

What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by..
Take care xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it really makes me smile.