Friday 11 January 2013

A Very English Card

My Aunt lives in Australia and has done for many years. Its her birthday later in the month and when I saw one of the new sets that are available during sale-a-bration I knew I just had to make her a card using it. 

Sale-a-bration is like the January Sales of Stampin Up.  From 22nd January through to 22nd March for every 45.00 pound you spend you can order a free product from a choice of stamp sets, papers, buttons and ribbons.  The selection really is lovely.  So why not book a workshop and spoil yourself with lots of FREE products.

Back to my card, this stamp set is one of  six you can chose from and I just had to use it from my Aunt.  Although I have met her a few times, she moved to Australia before I was born and I thought she would love to be reminded of her days in London.


I loved the telephone box and knew that it HAD to be red.  I stamped it directly onto the first editions DSP and stamped it again on very vanilla cardstock and cut it out.  I don't know if you can see from the photo below but it gives some dimention to the image.

Hopefully the spiral flower won't get too bashed up during transport.....
The set also has a penny farthing bike which will be great for mens cards so its really versatile.

Aaron is off school today, he's not feeling too great and he is as pale as snow but hopefully he'll feel better tomorrow as the boys are going for suit fittings for my nephews wedding. I can't wait to see how they look, very handsome and very grown up I'm sure.

Thanks for stopping by,
Take care







Supplies used, all SU unless stated;
Card Stock/Papers; Crumb Cake, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla, Lucky Limeade First Editions DSP
Stamps; Feeling Sentimental (sale-a-bration)
Inks; Real Red
Accessories; Little Leaves Die, Square Lattice Embossing Folder.
Non SU; Circle Die, Scallop Circle Die


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it really makes me smile.