Saturday 11 June 2011

Derby Night!!!

I am sitting here listening to an MP3 player because I cannot stand the boys of the house screaming at TV anymore!!  My husband and his family have a long standing tradition to place a bet on the Greyhound Derby and this seems to have been passed down to my boys!!  So, all night I have had the boys shouting their dogs on and I am really hoping my neighbours are out!

I have been crafting most of the night though so I guess I shouldn't complain too much...I have done a couple of fathers days card but I can't show those until I can take a decent picture...need daylight!!  I will post them later in the week.

I have done a card for friends son. He's going to be 3 and I wanted a simple card and came across this idea in a magazine (can't remember which one, apologies!)
The 3 is on a spring so it pops off the card!

Tried to make it look like the caterpillar had munched the side of the card.
I will be honest, the bees only appeared as I messed up the Happy Birthday stamp and needed to hide my mistake!  so I stamped them inside too.  The bee stamp is from the SU Sweet Summer set, so cute!

I'm sure Matthew will only be concerned with the pressie  and not the card though!!!!  I remember my boys throwing the cards to one side, they are not important!

Take care xx
Materials used: Create and Craft Happy Birthday stamp, circle punch, bee stamp from SU, Scallop circle punch from SU, Mat pack from SU to create faux stitching, black fine line pen and goggle eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it really makes me smile.